We are so excited that you are actively learning more about LaGrange Academy and all the wonderful things taking place here. It is the collective nature of all that we offer that we call the “LaGrange Academy Difference”. Many students and parents describe it as a feeling that is experienced as soon as one walks on campus. The education of your child is of the utmost importance to us and we take our responsibility in that partnership very seriously.
Why choose an independent school?
Independent schools are known for providing a safe, nurturing environment in which students are encouraged to reach their full potential. Independent schools are, by definition, unique. The goal for parents is to select the school that is just the right fit for their child. Parents have many choices when it comes to their child’s education. In addition to visiting the school website and school campus, the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) recommends that you ask these key questions during your search:
- Do students feel challenged by their school?
- Are the teachers of high quality and committed?
- Does the school have a low student-to-teacher ratio?
- Do parents, teachers and students share a strong partnership?
- Does the school climate support achievement?
At LaGrange Academy, we can proudly answer YES to each of these questions! We are committed to providing a superior education in a caring, cooperative, and stimulating environment, emphasizing strong moral and ethical values, while instilling a life-long love of learning.
What makes us different?
- Ranked one of the best private schools in Georgia by Niche.com, highest ranking in the area
- Troup County’s only independent college preparatory school
- Sense of community and trust where there are no locks on lockers
- 20% diversity rate among student body
- 100% graduation and college acceptance rates over last decade
- 34% of our students receive various forms of tuition assistance
- Variety of AP courses offered in all five core academic disciplines
- SAT scores averaged 100- 200 points higher than Troup Co., the State of Georgia and the national average over the past five years
- ACT scores average five points above the state average over the past five years
- Annual college trip to personally visit and learn about colleges around the Southeast
- All students are issued a Chromebook to supplement their educational experience
- Consistently advancing to the GISA State Literary Competition
- Variety of competitive team sports offered that consistently compete at the region and state level
- Math curriculum allows students to excel at their individual pace
- 6th-8th grades have daily Spanish instruction
- Interscholastic athletic program beginning in 6th grade with a no-cut policy for all sports
- A wide range of Fine Arts classes are available
- Experiential science instruction with frequent hands-on, interactive labs and field trips
- Specialized instruction in choral and orchestra music is available
- All Middle School students participate in our STEAM program
- The One-2-World program begins in 6th grade, providing every student with a Chromebook to supplement their educational experience
- Small class size allows for individualized instruction, which allows for increased opportunities for accelerated growth
- Core classes in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades rotate in order to prepare for Middle School
- Reading Counts program begins in 1st grade
- Field trips are designed to reinforce classroom themes
- Pre-School program integrates into Lower School curriculum
- Spanish instruction starts in Pre-K
- Enrichment classes for lower school include music, art, STEAM, drama, library, Spanish, and Physical Education. Each class is taught by a subject specific instructor and meets multiple times each week